IPANM – With the change in administration and the beginning of 2019, the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division (OCD) and New Mexico Oil Conservation Commission (OCC) has updated hearing schedules.
Please also note the Special OCC Meeting that has been called for Jan. 8, 2019 regarding the Well Density Application.
At this time, OCD has approximately 250 pending cases to be heard to begin 2019. To manage this growing caseload with the limited resources available to OCD, the OCD will set future dockets as follows:
- January 10 and 11, 2019: Approximately 100 new cases previously filed before December 11, 2018. Approximately 100 past continued cases where continuances were requested by the applicant/parties. The 100 new cases will be heard first.
- January 24 and 25, 2019: Any cases not heard January 10 and 11, 2019 will be set. Any remaining cases will be set for February 21 and 22, 2019.
- February 7 and 8, 2019: New applications received before January 10, 2019 and any other cases as determined by the OCD.
- February 21 and 22, 2019: Continued or unheard cases from January 24 and 25, 2019.
- Beginning March 2019, the first docket of each month will be reserved for new case applications filed 30 days before the hearing dates.
- Applications for new cases filed after the 30-day deadline will be set on the following month’s first docket.
- The second docket of each month will be reserved for continued cases from prior dockets and any other cases determined by the OCD.
- Requests for “special” hearing dockets will be docketed based on OCD availability.
Please contact Gabriel Wade at (505) 476-3451 with any questions.
The Oil Conservation Commission will meet on the following days in 2019:
- January 17
- February 14
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- June 6
- July 18
- August 15
- September 12
- October 10
- November 7
- December 5
All of the latest updated information can be found at the NMOCD Hearing Webpage.