The Independent Petroleum Association of New Mexico (IPANM) seeks a part-time Director of Operations to oversee the implementation of the administrative, financial and public relations duties of our association. The Director of Operations handles the day-to-day operations of IPANM and serves as the lead organizer of our annual conference, which includes the management of staff hired specifically for this event.
This position reports to the Executive Director and will work with the Board of Directors and IPANM members. The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, will work from his or her home, and will need to be flexible with work hours on occasion. One-year professional services contract.
IPANM is the voice of the independent oil and gas producers in New Mexico since 1978.
Promote and foster communication with IPANM’s Executive Director, IPANM’s President, Board of Directors, membership, employees, and contractors.
- Responsible for sending time-sensitive messages to members, news releases and responding to media calls.
- Maintains IPANM’s website and social media pages and keep the content of such sites current, in accordance with IPANM policies. Coordinate any work with outside contractors. Maintain a U.S. Postal Service post office box solely for IPANM’s use.
- Work with the Executive Director to produce informational quarterly newsletters on a regular basis for its members and others, including in collecting, compiling and editing articles submitted for each issue of the newsletter, as well as complete a graphic layout and publish the newsletter in paper and web formats.
- Secure meeting space, making announcements of such meetings, collecting agenda items, producing informational handouts and other administrative matters required by such meetings. Be present at such meetings to record the content of the meetings to later be distributed to attendees.
Oversee operational and reserve bank accounts for IPANM, including monitoring bank balances, preparing and properly coding daily cash reports and check requests, coordination with IPANM’s outside contractor bookkeeping staff, and review of bookkeeping reports.
- Coordinate with and assist IPANM’s Secretary/Treasurer and Executive Board in compiling an annual budget.
- Responsible for annual member fee invoicing, as well as invoicing for annual meeting, seminars, or any other IPANM event where charges occur.
- Serve as the Membership Committee Chairman and will coordinate the activities as requested by Committee members.
Maintain all electronic records and regular backups of data files.
- Maintain an electronic database of all IPANM member records to include, but not limited to, contact information, dues payments, Board of Director information, event registration information, mailing lists, and legislative and regulatory contact information. Produce necessary reports based upon the information housed in the database.
Annual Meetings and Seminars:
Manage the annual meeting, including but not limited to producing publications, registration and sponsorship information, assisting in the selection of speakers and coordination thereof, coordination of all events with venue personnel, registration and sponsorship billings, keeping the Board of Directors informed of sponsorship status and financial projections, and coordination of on-site staff at the meetings.
- Additionally, from time to time IPANM conducts educational seminars for its members. The Director of Operations will assist and coordinate these seminars in a similar fashion as for the annual meetings. Hire personnel to assist at these events as needed.
Cooperate with and assist IPANM and its employees and independent contractors in maintaining good public relations and casting IPANM and the oil and gas industry in a favorable light.
- Oversee annual “Wildlife in the Oilfield” photo contest making announcements, entry forms and posters available to industry companies, as well as postings to the IPANM website.
IPANM is seeking a Director of Operations candidate with:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in administration or operations of a company or non-profit
- 3-5 years’ experience managing or assisting in the management of special events or conferences
- Knowledge of current business, organization, operational and communications software
- Prefer knowledge of the oil and gas industry
Please send an interest letter with your name and resume and applicable references to the attention of Pam Garlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before Friday, March 23, 2018.